Lessons from 2020

 This past year was definitely a crazy one and I know that I was definitely one of the lucky ones who was not directly impacted.

I did learn a few things about myself throughout 2020.

  • Spending more time with my immediate family was such a blessing - movie nights, game nights, chatting about all sorts of topics - politics, religion, humanity
  • Zoom became a huge part of our lives for both work and personal reasons and we embraced it and learnt how to make it work
  • Exercise was crucial for my mental and physical health
  • Working from home was challenging in some ways but in other ways, I loved it! I missed the children but didn't miss the office politics or the commute
  • Anxiety levels were high at different times during 2020 but I made it through the other side and as I sit here typing this, we are just starting a 3 day lock down which might get extended but I know I have the strength to get through this
  • I had more time to read and loved being able to click and collect my reserved books throughout the worst of the pandemic
  • Some days I need to rest and some days I'm all in and productive
  • Painting the house is hard but the end result is so worth it
  • I'm happiest at home with family
  • Online shopping is the best. I do not miss shopping in person


This year I'm participating in Ali Edward's One Little Word workshop  and I also worked through Fairy Dust Teaching's Create your Year 2021 . Prior to the end of the year, I had a few things that kept pointing me to the word BRAVE which I know is making me question some of my limiting beliefs. 
I'm excited for the future and the possibilities!


No comments

Post a Comment